Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Nick Cannon in Kansas City





















It's true when they say, "Being at the right place at the right time".

This past Saturday, I was photographing a 15 year-old birthday party / dessert date at the "Skies" restaurant on top of the Hyatt Regency Hotel in downtown Kansas City, MO. While waiting for birthday girl, Vanessa, her parents, her brother - Zacc, and her friends: Lexus, Tiffany and Shaquilla to arrive, Nick Cannon jumped out of a stretch Excursion Limo. I couldn't say anything but point in amazement. After he walked past me, all I could say was "hey....that's Nick Cannon". He turned around and said, "what's up" while walking in the hotel lobby with his body guard and associates. It was late in the evening and he looked pretty tired.

Nick Cannon is known for his star role in the movie "Drumline"; a successful rapper, writer and comedian.

Now, I know you all are asking, how come I didn't start snapping pictures? Well, just maybe, I'm not used to being in the "Hollywood" limelight. And just maybe I would have trouble working for the tabloids as a paparazzi. So after being star-struck for the first 60-seconds, I followed them over to the elevator - camera gear and all - and asked him would he mind if I took his picture. Nick agreed.

What's weird is about 3-minutes later, the birthday girl and friends arrived but they missed their opportunity to get a photo with Nick.

Needless to say, the next time, I won't stand with my mouth open like a teenage groupie.

Nick Cannon: Official website
Hyatt Regency Crown Center Hotel: Official website
Share/Bookmark

No comments: