Tuesday, February 26, 2008

The "Skies The Limit"



Teenager, Vanessa, turned 15 years-old this past weekend and her parents found it fitting to splurge on her momentous milestone. Vanessa, Zacc (her brother) and three of her closest friends: Lexus, Tiffany, and Shaquila arrived at the luxurious "Skies" restaurant on top of the Hyatt Regency Crown Center hotel Saturday evening for desserts.

The theme for the event was "The Skies The Limit". VIP guests should reach for the sky on Saturday February 23rd 2008 @ 9pm. From what I was told, before arriving at the Hyatt, the girls attended a special birthday party celebration that late afternoon.

Skies, is located atop the Hyatt Regency - offering guests cocktails and dinner with a panoramic view of the city. With 72 windows lining the exterior of Skies, guests are surrounded with the sights of Kansas City.

Vanessa's parents wanted to hire a photographer to document this momentous occasion and trust me...I had fun. I had only been to "Skies" once in my life and it was so long ago that I couldn't remember the ambiance. What I do know is that I was with a bunch of my friends and in high school. Looks like I will have to go back on a personal quest because the view of Kansas City is magnificent!

Vanessa's family and friends had desserts and water for drinks. While at "Skies" you would have thought it was Prom because there were lots of teenagers eating dinner and dressed to impressed. I think the only thing that was missing was photos with Nick Cannon who was in the hotel that evening as well. See my BLOG for Nick Cannon tidbits.

My hat goes off to Vanessa's parents - you all are definitely raising the bar.

View The Slideshow

Visit the Hyatt Regency Crown Center Hotel
Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sam,

The pictures turned out lovely! Of course I know you do great work; I've been a fan for years. And I really appreciate your passion for photograhpy - because it shows in your work.
The kids had a great time with you, and could not wait for Monday morning to view the proofs. I was shocked that through all of the fun and excitment, they were paying close attention to you. They even complimented your camera gear and photography vest that you wore. My son said,"Mom...Sam is serious about taking pictures.. did you see the lense on his camara? he came ready!!" LOL..

Thanks again Sam - we all had a blast.

The Lawtons

Samuel Jordon II said...

Lawtons...Thank you so much for the compliment. I try to use the gift God has given me to capture real-life experineces in the lives I touch. Vanessa is a mature young lady who will make mom and dad proud.

Thanks again for everything!

- Sam