Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Royal Photography | Archive Hall of Fame


Above: Track Olympian, Jackie Joyner-Kersee took time to take a photo with me during the 2007 St. Louis Gateway Classic Sports Foundation Lifetime Achievement Awards Dinner. Thank you Maurice Meredith for taking the photo with my camera :)

I woke up this morning with the idea of digging out of my archive several "famous" folk that I have met and photographed over the years. At the moment I was only able to pull out a few images from 2004, 2006 and 2007. I was afforded all of these images and opportunities from the Missouri State Post and Kansas State Globe newspapers. I was their official photographer and often traveled to document several special events. The majority were from various St. Louis Gateway Classic Sports Foundation weekend activities; if I recall, I photographed that event every year for 10 years.

Stay tuned, as I will be posting more images from my Archive Hall Of Fame in the coming months.

In 2007 I had the pleasure of photographing Olympian Jackie Joyner-Kersee and Debbye Turner, Miss America 1990 at the St. Louis Gateway Classic Sports Foundation Lifetime Achievement Awards dinner.
In 2007: can anyone guess who this is?
In 2006: I met Boxing promoter Don King at the St. Louis Gateway Classic Sports Foundation Lifetime Achievement Awards dinner.
In 2006: Don King; comedian Robert Townsend; and St. Louis Gateway Classic Sports Foundation founder, Earl Wilson, Jr.
In 2006: Robert Townsend
In 2004: Bishop T.D. Jakes at the Lenexa Christian Center, Lenexa, Kansas
In 2004: Holly Robinson-Peete at the St. Louis Gateway Classic Sports Foundation Lifetime Achievement Awards Dinner
Holly Robinson-Peete and philanthropist, Dick Gregory at the St. Louis Gateway Classic Sports Foundation Lifetime Achievement Awards Dinner
In 2004: Radio personality, Tom Joyner sharing a laugh with Holly Robinson-Peete
In 2004: Basketball legend, Earvin "Magic" Johnson and Tom Joyner
In 2004: Renowned singer, Stephanie Mills performs at the St. Louis Gateway Classic Sports Foundation Lifetime Achievement Awards Dinner

Share/Bookmark

No comments: