Monday, March 26, 2012

Happy Anniversary James + Evonn | 20 For 20 at Brio Tuscan Grill

The best part about photographing weddings and receptions is getting to know the family and friends. This past Sunday, James and Evonn invited 20 couples who were instrumental in their 20 years of marriage to the Brio Tuscan Grill on the Country Club Plaza. I say that was pretty clever. I knew Evonne from the Delta Sigma Theta Alumnae Chapter but never met her husband until Saturday. Well he's a big stocky guy who resembles football legend Lawrence Taylor. This wasn't your typical wedding reception celebration - it was a "roast". Every couple stood before everyone to tell hilarious tall tales and true stories on how James and Evonn have been instrumental in their lives. From what I've learned, both are very down to earth southern folk who will give their shirt off their back for a friend. That's rare these days. Most of the evening I was cracking up with laughter. Even though I didn't know them, after I left, I feel that I have found some dear friends.

Cheers to both of you and blessings on another 20!


Share/Bookmark

16 comments:

Kisha Evans said...

Beautiful pic cousins

Shona Smith-Cannady said...

Von, why is Lynn mean mugging

LaYrice Irving said...

My favorite couple. You guys look nice.

Andre Daphne Todd said...

Ahhhh, sooo sweet!!! Beautiful moment!!!!

Latonya Godfrey said...

Beautiful

Jackie Love-Nelson said...

Beautiful

Morkey Carr said...

Beautiful

Jennifer Treadwell-James said...

You all look stunning, Cousin.

Tasha McFarley said...

Happy Anniversary! You guys look great! Wishing you many more :)

Renna M. Gordon said...

Beautiful Photographs!

Rachelle Thomas said...

CONGRATULATIONS...!!!!!

Tameka Brown said...

Awww...Love you guys!!! Beautifu picture!!!

Diona Anderson said...

Wonderful jb as usual!!!

Alandrea Minor said...

Congratulations! I love this! And I was there when it all began!

Felice Buford said...

What a wonderful milestone to achieve, congratulations to both of you.

Carla Walker said...

Congrats to you both. Wishing you many more blessings. Lovely pictures.