Sunday, September 15, 2013

Chiefs Win Against Dallas | Sports Photography from Royal Photography


The Chiefs home opener at Arrowhead turns out to be a win for Kansas City 17 - 16. The stadium was packed (sold out) and it was my first time in a long while getting back into sports photography. I was all geared up and ready. Just before the game started, it started to sprinkle/rain for about 15 min and then the sun came out. I was a little worried because I didn't bring anything to cover my lens or cameras. Thank God it didn't do anything during the game. After the game started, it appeared that no matter what side of the field I was on, I was able to get some awesome images of both teams. When I got home after the game, I even caught a glimpse of myself on the field - you may have see me in the end zone - with grey/green Nike's capturing Dallas first touch down. During half-time, the Grambling Marching Band performed. I missed the Missouri Classic football game Saturday against Lincoln University and Grambling State because I was in Parkville, MO photographing a wedding. From what I hear Lincoln gave them a good ole fashion beat down. Anyhow, I ended up taking over a thousand images at today's game and I am ready for the next home game. Congratulations Chiefs for getting the 'W'.

Thank you David and the Dispatch Post-USA for the opportunity.

Above and below are a few of my favorite images.
























































Share/Bookmark

13 comments:

Jeffrey Richard said...

wow bro it's like u were on the field right in front of the play... Great pics

Ronnie Tisdale said...

Great shot Sam!!

Tara Centeio Frank said...

Awesome pics!! Wow!

Mallory Mitchell said...

Go Sam! Those are awesome pics!

Renea Feagin said...

These are GREAT!!!

Mark Feagin said...

Excellent pictures Sam you are a true pro.

Teremy Nave said...

Talent runs deep in this fam!!!

Jessica Thomas said...

Phenomenal photos Sam!!

Charles Sutherland said...

Fantasti job Sam!

Eric Meysenburg said...

Great photos, Sam. I'm curious...what size lens were you using?

LaShaun White said...

awesome pics

Tiffany Harvey Thomas said...

What a gift you have!!!!

Lakeisha Jordon said...

awesome pics