Monday, August 10, 2009

Today I turn 39 Years Old

Today, I turned 39 years old. Over the weekend, I kept telling myself that it’s only a number. Well, when I woke up this morning, a small percentage of me started to think that I’m slowly migrating away from that youthful state of mind. Then the other part of me kept telling myself, “Sam, it’s only a number”.

The truth of the matter is that with life’s lessons, I have learned that our physical presence on this earth can be snapped away at the blink of an eye. Our world is in turmoil, our country is still trying to pull itself out of a black-hole, unspeakable amounts of death surrounds us, large amounts of epidemic illnesses are upon us and the list continues to grow. If nothing else, day-after-day, I wonder what God has in store for his chosen people?

After scaring myself silly, the best advice I can give myself is continue to put God first, love and respect one another, embrace your immediate family and continue to laugh at life’s mountains. It’s easy for us to fall into a “wow is me” syndrome. My best advice, as others continue to tell me…Sam, continue to share your infectious smile towards others and keep laughing. If nothing else I feel that is one of my best characteristics.

God has blessed me and my family with vast amounts of blessings. Tailese, Andrew and Sydney are in good health and continue to keep me on my toes. The wedding photography business is doing great. God is good! Don’t get me wrong, we have our ups and downs but I’m learning to lean on Him, my immediate family and my support group for strength. As the cliché says… "Live, Laugh, Love”. Believe me, it works.

• 365-days before the 4-0
• 730-days before the BIG 5-0 ( half-a-century old)
• 12-years before Andrew gets his drivers license
• 14-years before Andrew graduates high school
• 15-yesrs before Sydney gets her drivers license
• 17-years before Sydney graduates high school

And if everything goes according to plan…

• 15-years before I get my first Corvette! The kids would be all grown and ready to drive their own cars. I've been wanting a corvette for years and once the kids are grown, I can get me a 2-seater.

If you don’t take anything from this posting, remember to Live, Love, Laugh.

Thank God for the gift of life. ◦
Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sam,
You made us smile! I hope that you DO get your corvette someday! Thank you for sharing, it made my day!

Melissa & Scott