Saturday, December 5, 2009

Deuce Turns 1-Year Old in Style

It's not that often that we get a chance to photograph celebrities in Kansas City but on November 21 is one for the books!

I received a call from Red Velvet Events asking if I would photograph a children's birthday party. How often does that happen? I was available and gladly accepted the opportunity. When I arrived at the party, I had no idea that I was photographing Derrick Johnson of the Kansas City Chiefs and Tamika Johnson's son's birthday party. My hat goes off to Red Velvet Events on keeping it a secret. The man of hour was Derrick Johnson Jr., aka, "Deuce". He turned 1-year old in style!!

Over 30 children, family and friends came from all across the country to celebrate Deuce's first birthday. Children had a large carnival theme jump house to play in, a popcorn machine, cotton candy, toys, live DJ, face painting, a big tent filled with games and lots, and lots of food. What more could a 1-year old ask for.

The very next day, Derrick had a awesome game against the Pittsburgh Steelers. They beat the Steelers 27-24 in OT.

Thank you Cindy, Jennifer, Derrick and Tamika for the opportunity.

The Johnson Family




Mom and the birthday boy

Dad is so proud of his son
Oops...should I have done that?
The common look after digging into their first birthday cake.



Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

TOO MUCH FUN!...CONGRATS TO YOU ALL AND HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY MR. DEUCE!!!
Erica DeGrate