Sunday, April 18, 2010

Taverli and Jason Engagement

True friendship and humbleness should never be taken for granted. Taverli and Jason are genuine God fearing people and ones that I hope to hold dear to my heart. Both were referred to us from Melissa and Scott (a couple who we photographed in Chanute, KS in 2008).

After their engagement session Taverli sent me an email that emotionally brought me to my knees - thanking God for wonderful people like them. Comments like these gives witness to why I love being a wedding photographer and why I thank God for giving me the opportunity to exercise my purpose.

Hi Sam,

I just wanted to thank you again for yesterday!! I cannot tell you how excited I have been to have you take our pictures. Your spirit and your energy made for a wonderful day!! Your wife is also just as beautiful in spirit as you are and it was great getting to get to know her a little bit more as we walked behind you and Jason.

I was reading your blog last night when I got home and it made me think of the Easter sermon I heard when I went home to Chanute. (I don't know if you ever met DJ Dangerfield when you were shooting Melissa and Scott's wedding--he is the associate pastor at our church). Anyways, he was talking about the Last Supper and that everyone brings something different to the table when they are sitting next to God. I just wanted to tell you that you bring so much to the table!! I know you are going to continue to be successful because you have the passion and grace to stick around for a long time. People remember you and want to surround themselves with you because you are so kind, honest, and sincere when you are with them. Jason is not the most outgoing person in the world, but you have a way with people. You were able to bring him out of his comfort zone and let him have a good time. I cannot thank you enough for that!! I said a prayer on the way home thanking God for letting the afternoon go so smoothly....I had been worried the entire past week that Jason would be too shy and uncomfortable being the center of attention and at one point I even felt guilty knowing that he was going to be completely out of his element. I know that God brought you into our lives for a reason, just as I'm sure he brings you to many other people.

Thank you---Thank you again for a wonderful day. Can't wait to see your great work!!

Hope you have a terrific rest of the week...

Taverli

Their wedding will take place in Emporia, KS later in the year. Stay tuned for their photos.

Till next time...

- Sam









Share/Bookmark

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Sam for such a wonderful day!! The pictures turned out great :) My favorites are of course the one's under the purple tree's and the one's in the tulips. Can't wait until October.

Thank you again for creating a special day for Jason and myself!
--Taverli

Anonymous said...

Great job as always Sam!

-Shilene Allen

Anonymous said...

Again, Sam, you have capture breathtaking images! It is so much fun to see Taverli has just as pretty of a smile as ever! I hope you and Tailese are well. Love you both and miss you!

-Melissa Crawford-Stanley