Thursday, October 28, 2010

Taverli + Jason | October 16 Wedding

Tailese and I had a splendid time photographing Taverli and Jason's wedding in Emporia, KS.

There is a story behind how Taverli met us but in lieu of time and not to bore you all...I owe a special thanks to Melissa and Scott (we photographed a couple of years ago in Chanute, KS) who referred her Taverli to us. I don't what it is but the ladies from Chanute are the sweetest and kindest people on the face of this earth. Taverli has a contagious personality who can make a complete stranger feel like family. Jason, now he surprised me on the wedding day. He was the shy and quiet as a church mouse but on the wedding day, I saw a different side of him that told me, "this guy really knows how to have a good time." I can honestly say that we have acquired a friendship that will last a lifetime. After I posted some teaser photos a few days after her wedding, she sent me an email that tickled me to death...

Hi Sam!! I can't believe how fast you posted some of the pics--SO EXCITED!! I kept telling myself "Be patient--He photographs a lot of other people besides you.....he will get to them in a couple of weeks"!! So, I can't tell you how pumped I was to already have an email just 3 days after our wedding!! (Which I might add---you were up late according to the time stamp!) Loved the teasers so far---You and Tailese do an amazing job always. I can't wait to see more of the field shot ones.

Thank you again Sam for being a part of our special day. You and your wife are such beautiful people on the inside and out. I will definitely give anyone who is looking for a photographer my highest recommendation! If you ever need help at any of your bridal shows in KC let me know--heck, maybe Melissa and I can both be there sporting our wedding dresses--haha!! I would help you guys out in a heartbeat.

Have a great week!
Tave

To view their engagement session, CLICK HERE.

Some of my favorite images from the wedding are below.


Flower girls play a little a game of "concentration" before getting dressed.






Taverlie wanted her mother to render one of her special prayers just before the ceremony.
Taverlie did her best not to cry during her mother's prayer.





















The first dance.

Looks like someone got into some kid fun.

An emotional moment with her father.


Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

Taverli said...

Sam,
I just love the pictures you took!! Thank goodness you did a fantastic job at documenting this beautiful day b/c as all brides will tell you "it was a blur". I will have all of these great memories to remind me of how much Jason and I are loved and supported by our friends and family!! Thank you again for everything!
--Taverli

Amy said...

These pictures are amazing! I have been a part of many weddings in the past few years and I was very impressed with you guys. You were professional, fun and energetic. Tave and Jason will have incredible pictures to remember their special day. I have already recommended you to a few people in KC!