Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Amy + Levi's Wedding















So far, I have been photographing weddings in churches and wedding venues that I've never shot before - and I love it. This gives me an opportunity to step out of my bubble and see what Kansas City has to offer.

Friday evening, April 11, Amy and Levi stared into each other's eyes and committed their life to each other to God and 250 guests. Their wedding took place at the Tiffany Fellowship Assembly of God church in North Kansas City. What a beautiful edifice!

My second photographer, Denise, and I arrived at the church about 4:15 p.m. To my surprise the groomsmen were all dressed and we were not scheduled to start taking pictures until 5:30. What also made me laugh was that one of Levi's groomsmen was a groomsmen in the March 15 wedding (Denise and Thomas) that I photographed. Either Kansas City is as small as I think or the 6 degrees of separation is really true. Amy's father was a man who kept me, the guests and the entire bridal party in check. He was a man who wanted to start the wedding on time and without little foolishness. After the wedding was over and he got to the reception, all cares were out the door. It was very evident that mom and dad loved their daughter.

As far as the reception is concerned, can you say, "cha-ching". First class all the way. The reception took place at the Embassy Suites by the KCI Airport. The finest table linens, the finest tableware and the food....my compliments to the hotel chef!

My buddies at Digital Odeon Productions were on site to do the videography, my new friend, Yolonda at Adnaloys Weddings & Events was the hired coordinator and my ace, Myron, of KC Pro Jocks provided the music at the reception.

To view their engagement sessision CLICK HERE.

Congratulations Amy and Levi!

Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sam, your professionalism is to be commended. We enjoyed working with you and Denise. Your work ethic made my sister feel comfortable. Thanks for making her feel like a superstar! Whenever my big day comes you are the photo vendor I will be calling.

Audrey "Maid of Honor"

Samuel Jordon II said...

Audrey...Denise and I had a blast photographing Amy and Levi's wedding. I am truly appreciative of how she allowed me to take control of the photos and allowed me to be "me". Levi is "wild". I can tell that Levi loved being in photos - well - actually I got that impression from when I photographed their engagement session. Many blessings to both of them. Look me up when you decide to follow in your sister's foot steps.