Monday, April 28, 2008

Brittney + Larry Wedding





Brittney and Larry tied the knot on Saturday, April 26 but they did it in true fashion.

Let's paint the picture....the weather was beautiful, the wedding took place at the Trinity Temple C.O.G.I.C. in Grandview, MO and the reception took place at the Crystal Ballroom. This wedding was different in every facet. First, when the ceremony started, all the groomsmen lined up in the aisle towards the back of the church and Larry walked in shaking all their hands. Second, after Brittney came down the aisle, she sang a beautiful song to her soon-to-be-husband. Lastly, one of the most eye catching pieces to their wedding was that there was a parking lot full of corvettes - varying in style, color, and model! Larry's father who passed away three years ago was a member of a local corvette club. Larry in turn got involved as well. After the wedding ceremony all the guests and bridal party gathered outside the church for a 20-car Corvette salute, balloons were released in honor of his father and the vette drivers revved their engines. One would think you were at the Kansas Speedway for the Indy races.

Getting up close and personal with a vette, made me say to myself, one day when I grow up, I'm going to get me a vette!

I'm sure all of us have seen various wedding reception You Tube clips where the bride and groom start out slow dancing and then all of a sudden stop in mid-tracks and start out dancing to hip-hop music. I was blown away and never expected it. What's crazy is that I was telling a friend of mine a few days ago that I've never photographed a wedding reception where this took place. Well.....looks like I was proven wrong. So you all just might see their video clip on You Tube. If you see a photographer in the background laughing his socks off - you'll know it's me.

The bride and groom spent their honeymoon in Florida. Congratulations Brittney and Larry!

Share/Bookmark

No comments: