Sunday, June 15, 2008

A Father's Day Gift

Some of you may remember me photographing Brandon and Shelley’s first child back in October 2007. Their son, Jackson, was three days old when they called me to come to their home to take their newborn’s photos. I brought all of my studio lighting equipment and set up in their living room. This was one of my favorite baby sessions. So much that I got one of Jackson’s photos blown up and framed in my gallery. Several of my brides and clients compared the photo to a Anne Gedde image. I take that as a compliment knowing she is a worldwide respected baby/infant photographer.

This was a image that replicated the scene in Alex Haley’s book “Roots”.

This past Friday, Shelley called and asked me if she could purchase the framed 20x30 portrait so that she could surprise Brandon on Father’s Day. I felt honored and I believe this is a portrait that a father should have in their home. Now, I have to get another one printed and framed for my gallery.

Brandon, HAPPY FATHER’S DAY! Cherish the gift our almighty father has given you.


Share/Bookmark

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sam, Shelley and I want to thank you for using your artistic creativity in capturing such a special moment. In celebrating my first Father's Day, this was the best gift I could've ever received. This picture represents me presenting my son back to Lord and thanking him for Jackson's precious life. It is my acknowledgment as a father, the responsibility I have to train my child according to the scripture...Proverbs 22:6.

Anonymous said...

What an awesome dipiction of life just beginning. This is a captivating photo and you captured it very well. Just AWESOME!!!!!! May God continue to bless you.

Samuel Jordon II said...

Brandon,

You are very welcome. I hope Jackson cherishes his portrait for years to come. Keep God first and I know he will continue to empower you and Shelley. Truthfully, I'm jealous because I didn't get a photo like this for my son Andrew.

If you need anything, please don't hesitate to reach out to me. Hopefully I can be you all's family photographer.

- Sam