Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Meghan + Joel Wedding

Each wedding I photograph I notice something different that compliments the bride and groom. Meghan and Joel said "I DO" on June 7. What was special about their wedding was that their colors were high-contrasty, meaning they had lots of tangerine orange, red, pink, green and yellow. Her bouquet was very beautiful! I haven't seen one like hers this year. The colors made her dress pop. The bridal party were very fun to work with. This was one of those weddings where I couldn't stop taking pictures. It was like my finger was glued to the shutter button.

Meghan is a very quiet and reserved young lady and Joel is someone who I can tell sees the good in every one. The brides dad cried during the wedding and while dancing with Meghan.

One interesting point that I found out during the wedding was that Joel proposed to her on 4-5-6 (April 5, 2006) and how ironic they married on 6-7-8 (June 7, 2008). WOW..the power in numbers. Joel, I couldn't have planned it any better way.

The wedding details were:

  • Wedding = Shawnee Church of the Nazarene
  • Reception = Camelot Ballroom (Kansas City's Premiere Dance Studio)
  • 6 Bridesmaids = Tangerine dresses accented with diamond studded pendants
  • 6 Groomsmen = Black tuxedos with tangerine orange vests
  • 2 Flower girls = Orange, Pink, Red and White polka dot dresses
  • 1 Ring bearer









Share/Bookmark

5 comments:

Andy Traub said...

You have a wonderful gift brother. Was just browsing the blogspot blogs and stumbled upon yours. Keep up the great work. Blessings - a stranger in South Dakota

Anonymous said...

I was checking out the work on your website and decided to look through your blog and I am blown away by your work. You add a sense of style and creativity that makes your pictures come to life and will tell a story for a lifetime. Keep using your gift, you are an inspiration.

Anonymous said...

Your work is absolutely breath taking!! I can feel the romance through your pictures - you have a great gift and it shows in every frame!

Samuel Jordon II said...

Traubs,

We've never spoken before but I totally appreciate the well wishes and visitation. My prayer daily is that God continues to use the gifts he has given me to document the love stories between a bride and groom.

- Sam

Samuel Jordon II said...

Thank you KMB. I took over 800 frames during this wedding and just about all of them were of different angles and different expressions. Joel, was a true party animal!

Thank you for posting the comments.

- Sam