Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Obama | Our American History Transformed

Tonight I was digging through my archives of photos and would you believe that I totally forgot that I documented a Sen. Barack Obama Pep Rally in May '07? How could I have forgotten about that – especially with him coming to Kansas City so many times??? Looks like I need to do a better job in archiving my photos.

The Pep Rally took place at the historic Marriott Muelbach hotel and over one-thousand supporters rallied to show their support and Get-Out-The-Vote initiative.

I feel honored and privileged that I could witness a part of history. Not only were the AP photographers, local professional photographers (including myself) present but everyone in the room had a digital camera fighting to get a glimpse of the presidential hopeful. I remember that day vividly. It was mad house – everyone was elbowing and maneuvering themselves to get a clear photograph of Obama.

No matter the outcome in the ’08 General Election, there is one positive attribute that will transform American history – an African-American would have been the FIRST presidential nominee in U.S. history!

Below are images from the rally.













Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sam this is absolutely amazing! You have captured a moment of history in the making! It looks as if you could've been Barack's official documentary photographer!

GREAT WORK!!

Samuel Jordon II said...

Thank you so much. IF, that opportunity ever arose, trust me, that would be a huge opportunity. I can only wish.