Sunday, July 25, 2010

Karen + Dave | July 17 Wedding

In my FB posting and previous blog posting, you all saw that I was excited and was preparing myself for just about anything from Karen and Dave's wedding. Dave fooled me totally. What I did find out is that Dave didn't have any trouble expressing how he felt about his bride. Dave and his children, shared many tears of happiness during the entire ceremony. Those tears prompted many of the guests to share in the same joy.

Karen's dress had more sentimental meaning than most. The lace in her dress was taken from her mother's wedding dress.

Because Karen and Dave met at a local establishment, the entire wedding party stopped off for drinks at Coach's Bar & Grill just before heading to the reception.

At every wedding I always learn something that I didn't know about the couple. What I did find out is that I went to college with Dave's best man. Then I found out that Dave went to the same college. Talk about six degrees of separation.

Some of the wedding details are:

Ceremony: Holy Spirit Catholic Church
Reception: Crowne Plaza - Lenexa, KS
Transportation: Luxury Limousine
Entertainment: DC Entertainment


The lace taken from Karen's mother's dress.

Dave's daughter simply adores Karen.

Karen and Dave during their first-time meeting.
Dave's eyes quicly filled with tears when Karen walked down the aisle.




Dave's daughter is so happy for him.


















Share/Bookmark

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope that you were not too disappointed that I was a blubbering mess, but how could I not be with such a beautiful bride?

We love the pictures and can't wait to see all of them. Great job Sam and thanks for capturing our wonderful day.

Dave

Jenny Moses said...

Awesome job Sam. I love the pics.

Karen Shields said...

Sam,
Thank you for being such a wonderful part of our wedding day! You captured our joy, laughter, tears and pratically every other emotion! I am soooo blessed with such phenomenal friends and family and then to find my LOML (Love of My Life) and marry him with so many of our friends and family as witnesses...it is overwhelmingly amazing! Dave and I had a fabulous day and evening and our thanks to you for capturing those memories on film! Karen