Thursday, July 1, 2010

Royal Photography Cares

Last week I received a phone call asking if I would be willing to read a story book aloud to some students and talk about my photography business. Indeed this was a first for me and felt that it was a huge honor. Naturally I gladly accepted the offer.

Kansas City has adopted a national program called "Kansas City - CDF FREEDOM SCHOOL Initiative" and Pleasant Green Baptist Church in Kansas City, KS is one of the schools who participates in this program. There were approximately 68 children ranging from 5 - 15 years of age present. I chose to read the book "Tell Me A Story Mama" by Angela Johnson. After reading the short story, the children asked several GOOD questions about the photography business. Such questions as:
  • How long have I been in the photography business?
  • Can / Do I make a decent living in the photography business?
  • How much does my cameras cost?
  • Where did I go to school?

This experience was so humbling because it showed me that children, even at young age, are interested about photography and you never know how much of an impact you make on others lives. Today also took me back to the days when I taught Sunday School class at my church.

Thank you Anthony for inviting me.


Share/Bookmark

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's awesome Sam. A great way to give back to the community.

"Shilene"

Anonymous said...

Thanks for doing that. Anthony thinks highly of you and was glad you accepted his invitation. How was it? He wants me to come in and do something hands on with cakes. 68 kids??? I better talk to him...

Renea Feagin

Anonymous said...

And you know I was wondering how it turned out.....68 kids? That 's not a bad number......Glad they enjoyed it!

~ Zaneta