Sunday, December 22, 2013

Chiefs Lose to Colts 23 - 7 | Kansas City Final Home Game


The day after a treacherous winter snow storm (ice and snow) could have played a part in Kansas City's loss to the Colts today at Arrowhead Stadium. The stadium was 90% full and the cold brisk 26 degree weather kept the Chiefs fans cheering. Me on other hand was freezing my fingers tips off. It seemed that no matter what I did to keep my hands warm, it was so cold that I couldn't feel my fingertips on the shutter release button. Yes, it was that cold on that field. I envy these players for having the spark to play in such weather. Getting hit and being slammed to the cold ground is a gladiator sport. One day, I'll ask one of the players what kind of mindset they have to have to play in such weather. Jamal Charles was explosive but the Colts defense kept him at bay. D. Johnson, Avery, McCluster, Berry, Bowe and Smith clinched a few key plays in the second half. Despite a final home game loss, I am sadden that the season is almost over. I'm looking forward to traveling to the playoffs. I believe all will agree kudos is a well deserved honor to Andy Reid for pulling the Chiefs out of a rut this year despite our disappointing past seasons. We are a work in progress and I can stand tall and say that we are a work in progress. Good job Chiefs for a 11 - 4 season this year.



















Share/Bookmark

No comments: