Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Christopher + Erica's Wedding at First Baptist Church and Ironwoods Lodge


Let's just say this was the first wedding that I've photographed this year where it seemed like everyone in Kansas City came to witness Erica and Christopher's wedding at First Baptist Church. The reception was held at Ironswood Lodge. I've never seen a long line of guest waiting to get inside (see photo below). WOW! Erica reached out to me by way of my sister who was needing a wedding photographer for her wedding. After meeting Erica, I knew I wanted to photograph her wedding. From what I was told, both met each other while swing dancing AND they both are musicians. What I didn't know until the day of the wedding was that Erica's father was one of the fathers I photographed a couple of years ago for a special "Father and Son" photography exhibit at the Bruce R. Watkins Heritage Center. When her mother saw me come in the room, she recognized me but was pretty sure she recognized my logo way back when. I was impressed. Above and below are a few images from their wedding.

Cheers!

























































Share/Bookmark

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love them!!

Mercy Boyd said...

Good times! Beautiful people!

Desaray Mnyandu said...

Absolutely Beautiful

Jen Mueller said...

Soooo good!!! This makes me so happy!