Monday, November 2, 2009

PWG Bridal Fair was a BIG Hit for Us

The PWG Bridal Fair, Sunday, November 1 at the Overland Park Convention Center was a big hit for us! I must say that every time we attend any Kansas City bridal show, I am humbled to see so many talented photographers in the business.

Our morning started at 6:30 am unloading the U-Haul and setting up the booth. After an hour of preparation, our booth was complete. The remaining portion of the morning Tailese and I changed clothes, ate breakfast, networked with other professional wedding vendors and waited until the show started.

The biggest attraction to our booth was Melissa Stanley, a bride whose wedding we photographed in November 2008. She was our model and to be honest she was our “eye-candy”. Melissa didn’t know she was going to see an over-life size display of her wedding and Trash The Dress (TTD) session. She cried with emotion when she and her hubby (Scott) approached our booth. At that moment Tailese and I knew that it was going to be a good show. We were the only vendor who had a bride-model at their booth. Every bride who walked in the door “wowed” over Melissa’s wedding gown which was the same wedding gown she wore in her wedding.

Throughout the day, we personally talked with over 200 brides. In the last few years, brides are scheduling their weddings during the Fall season. Thus, the most popular month was October in 2010. There were several who have scheduled their weddings on October 10, 2010 (10/10/10). Brides as far as Butler, KS and Warrensburg, MO stopped by our booth. We had a lot of promising brides say that they are interested in booking us for their wedding. One local bride and mother signed a contract for her wedding in 2010. So our fingers are crossed that the remaining 199 brides we talked to are yearning to allow us to document their wedding love story.

Thank you Scott for sharing your wife, Melissa, with us on a Sunday afternoon - you all are the bomb; thank you Angela for being an awesome account representative; thank you to the entire PWG team; and thank you to all the 2010 and 2011 brides who visited our booth. We love you all.

Views of our double booth



Melissa and talking to a potential bride and groom.
A 2010 bride and mother are signing a contract to book us for their wedding.
Tailese and Melissa greeting brides.
A beautiful 2010 bride (second from right) and her friends pose with Melissa.

Share/Bookmark

8 comments:

The Mintz Collective said...

Congratulations Sam!!! Your booth was amazing!! I wish you all best and may God bless you, your business, and your family!!- Mishawnda

K. Roland said...

Well congrats, I'm glad the Bridal Fair was a success. Your booth looked wonderful and showcased your skills. I'm sure great things will become of it.

Samuel Jordon II said...

Thank you Mishawnda and Kataia. I'm praying that God will provide the increase.

Anonymous said...

Sam and Tailese,
I was such an honor for me to be able to be a part of your day! You have become such a special part of our lives, and we consider you a much loved part of our family. Your photography is beautiful, and I can't wait until I get to come to you for family photos!!!
Much love,
Melissa

Samuel Jordon II said...

Melissa, you have no idea how much you have helped Tailese and I. Your presence at the show makes a difference in our business and vision. You and Scott are beautiful people and I can't thank you enough. The one thing I can say is that I thank God for you all and allowing us to photograph your wedding. It's our prayer that others will see the passion we have for the gift, vision and business. I believe our friendship will last a very long time.

- Sam and Tailese

Anonymous said...

WOW, everytime I look at the photos of Melissa and Scott I am in awe! I think you are so talented! She is such a beautiful model and you capture her so well! Great JOB!!

Stephanie Lyons
(Maid of Honor)

Samuel Jordon II said...

Thank you Stephanie for the kind words. Yes, Scott and Melissa look like pure models and deserve to be on every magazine possible. Their spirits go beyond the average and warms my heart every time.

I remember you. How are you doing?

Anonymous said...

I am doing really great! I am in Denver now! One of the groomsman and I started talking and decided if this was going to work I needed to move...so I DID! Things are better than I could have ever imagined! Life is good! Crazy how things work out!

Stephanie