Monday, January 9, 2012

Oleta Adams Graces Stage at Sprint Artist Tribute

Saturday night, Kansas City renowned Oleta Adams was the feature artist during the Sprint Artist Tribute at the Marriott Hotel - Imperial Ballroom. What I knew most about Oleta was her famous "Get Here" ballad. Those were the days where I'm sure I could not have been the only one who got chills whenever the song came across the air waves. She did not disappoint me nor the few hundred guests who came out to hear her.

Just before she came on stage, the James Ward Band performed a few great hits. They even had the Latin "Luther Vandross" sing a couple of ballads. Yes, he did sound just like Luther. I can't forget about the "Spoken Word" talent by Taylor Brown.

Check out some of my favorite images as well as candid images of Oleta's personality. She is a wonderful entertainer.


Share/Bookmark

3 comments:

Zaneta Jordon said...

I love her....always have....her voice is amazing

Ed Atkins said...

looking good! Welcome Home Oleta!

Sheila said...

Great Job! She should hire you to photograph her promo pics!