Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Mirror Mirror

A photojournalistic wedding photographer usually dresses comfortable on a wedding day - in most cases he/she would wear predominantly black slacks and a black shirt. This allows the photographer to maneuver during the wedding un-noticed. Well I didn't have that many button down black shirts so I invested in a box full of black polo shirts with my company logo. It was an investment and it was hard writing the check for them but I knew I needed them.

Last night I was modifying a few wedding images and realized that my wife had taken a few images of me photographing a wedding a few weeks ago. Believe it or not, I've never seen myself at work during a wedding. Some of the guests are a hoot to work with and it's not uncommon for them to snap photos of me while I'm taking pictures of them. Do I see the photos? No. But I ran upon these photos last night and thought I would post them to give my clients a visual.

What's weird to see is that even though I'm wearing all black, I still look like I'm weighed down with camera gear. Last season, I made it a promise to myself to minimizing the gear/equipment I carry at a wedding but from these pictures, it appears that I need to either lose weight or lose some of the gear.



Share/Bookmark

No comments: