Sunday, July 27, 2008

Kristin + Lonnie | A father's love

Saturday, July 26, could have been the hottest outdoor wedding I've photographed this year. The meteorologist said that it would be at least 93-degrees with a heat index of 100. If you asked me, I would have told you it was at least 110!

Kristin and Lonnie's wedding took place at The Elms, in Excelsior Springs, MO. This resort is rich in history and it has a beautiful gazebo behind the hotel. What's most memorable to me about this wedding is that Kristin's father truly loves his daughter or should I say both of his daughters (Kristin's sister was her maid of honor). When Kristin and her father came to our gallery several months ago, I could tell that he was one of those fathers who would give anything for his daughter. A touching moment to me occurred during the reception when Kristin, her sister and father all danced. The glow on his face - while holding his daughters - was deep!

The wedding party was small and made up of mostly family but it's evident that both families will share a endless connection. Their wedding cake was gorgeous! The DJ, "Complete Music", did a awesome job in keeping the guest entertained. Kudos to the cake designer and DJ.

View Wedding Slideshow










Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've been watching your site and I wish I booked you to photograph my wedding in May '09. Very nice touch with the bride going down the stairs. She is a beautiful bride. You couldn't tell it was hot.