Sunday, August 10, 2008

Today I turn 38 | Almost the big 4-0

This may be a little long.

Birthdays are days to celebrate...out of all the birthdays I've had this was the first time I felt my ago or should I say older. It's all good. Maybe what's getting to me is that the 4 - 0 is approaching. Like most people, the question that come to mind is that have I met my goals in life and goals that I have yet to voice. Some of the personal goals I have accomplished in the last 5 years are:
  • Got married to my beautiful wife Tailese at 33
  • Bought my first house at 33
  • Had our first child (Andrew Isaiah) at 34
  • Became a ordained deacon at 34
  • Bought my second house at 36
  • Had our second child (Sydney Gabrielle) at 37

Some of the business goals that I have accomplished in the last 5 years are:

  • Launched my first Flash website in 2003
  • Switched over from film to digital in 2003
  • Registered the business as a "LLC" in 2005
  • Took on two photography assistants in 2006
  • Launched my current - new website 2008
  • Photographed over 160 brides in the last five years

I have several other goals in my life and I'm going to do everything I can - God willing - to achieve those goals. Most importantly, I pray that God continues to strengthen my support group, family, friends and customers I come in contact with. I owe everything to my Heavenly father! My goal is to become a beacon of light for the brides I photograph - making sure that their wedding dreams come true through wedding photography. I believe that after all the money is spent on a wedding, the only thing a bride and groom have to remember their special day are their wedding pictures (a video if they chose to hire a videographer). Overall, we as professional photographers have a major responsibility.

My birthday celebration started Saturday late afternoon. I had to photograph a wedding Saturday early afternoon for 3-hours. Afterwards, my wife told me that I needed to be home because we had to be some where by 7:45 pm. I got home about 5 pm and we dropped the kids off at my mother-in-law's. My wife told me to head towards to Ruth Chris Steak House on The Plaza. This was our second time dining there and it's a very flamboyant restaurant. I had the Garlic Crusted Halibut and Tailese had the Petite Fillet. For dessert we shared the Apple Crumb Tart. Our evening ended about 10:15 pm and decided to drive around The Plaza for a bit. We were too full to walk and sleep started to come over us.

My only advice to any and everyone is to remain tenacious, focused and faithful in the gifts that God has given you. He will do the rest.

This was a very enjoyable 38th birthday and one that I will remember.

Thank you God!



Share/Bookmark

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!!! God has blessed you with another year. Isn't that just sweet, you both are such a BEAUTIFUL couple, may God continue to bless your life, marriage, and family.

Samuel Jordon II said...

Thank you so much Kataia. Tell Craig...we are running neck-in-neck.

Unknown said...

Happy belated birthday! I'm jealous that your birthday pictures look amazing! Who else can make a picture of a menu look so darn good?! My best friends husband recently put photoshop on my computer and I can do all of two things with it so far. I think I need to purchase the book "photoshop for dummies". Anyways, hope you had a great birthday! And by the way, Sydney is beautiful!

Samuel Jordon II said...

Melissa,

Thank you so much for the compliment. Tailese and I had a wonderful time at dinner. Photoshop isn't as bad as you think. You can do some dangerous things with that application. Everyday I get up, I'm reminded how old I am by looking at the grey hairs in my beard and hair. It's all good though. Sydney is a doll. Be blessed and let me know if I can do anything for you.