Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Michelle Obama in KC | Change We Need

This afternoon Michelle Obama, wife of democratic presidential candidate, Sen. Barack Obama, attended a "get out the vote" rally in the historic jazz district (18th & Vine) of Kansas City, MO. Over 4,000 democratic supporters packed the streets to hear Michelle encourage citizens to register and vote in this historic presidential election.

During the rally, I stood next to political news reporter, Michael Mahoney, of KMBC TV-9. Professional photographers, amateur photographers, news stations, and radio broadcasters flanked the press platform to capture a glimpse of Michelle while at the podium.

Many of you probably saw my Barack Obama blog entry when he came to Kansas City last year. I believe that every one in this country knows that no matter what happens in this election, it will be written in our history books that a African-American was the first presidential nominee in U.S. history.

I believe it's a general consensus that our country is in a terrible emotional, economical and political situation. Our country needs a new vision, someone with strong shoulders and willing to allow our heavenly father to rebuild our countries stability. So whom ever you are voting for McCain/Palin or Obama/Biden, listen to your heart and exercise your right to vote!

Below are photos from the rally.


A view of the thousand democratic voters who filled the historic 18th & Vine Jazz District.

Congressman Emanuel Cleaver energized the crowd before Michelle walked on stage.

Some of the t-shirts that were worn by many of the Obama supporters.
Political news reporter Michael Mahoney, KMBC TV-9, giving a live broadcast.



Share/Bookmark

24 comments:

bamy said...

One should have known Royal Photography would be at this occassion to capture the feeling like no other. I had the opportunity to attend as well, it was powerful. I was so happy to see my community so excited, invigorated, and charged to "Get Out The Vote". It was a pleasure to hear Mrs. Obama speak so charmingly of her husband, possibly the furture President of America. Thank you Sam, you never cease to amaze.

Anonymous said...

U GO SAM!!!!! GREAT SHOTS! I’M SO PROUD TO KNOW THE PHOTOGRAPHER!!!

LeShon

Anonymous said...

Hey Sam! You are everywhere! Did you know that was me waving to you? It was good seeing you. I was so glad to be able to see Michelle Obama. She is an amazing lady! I would be so proud to have her and her husband as our "First Family" The atmosphere was awesome! Go KC!!

Anonymous said...

Awesome pictures! You captured the spirit of KC and made us a part of this historical event! May God continue to use you in a mighty way!! GO OBAMA! GO MRS. OBAMA!and GO SAM!

M.H.
ESBC

Anonymous said...

You have captured a historic moment in time. This election year will be one told for years to come. And as always you have done an excellent job doing that. Keep up the good work.

Anonymous said...

Wow, great pics...

Tanya Bellard

Anonymous said...

This must have been quite exciting for you.

DreamCatcher Images

Anonymous said...

hot pics. see you sat.

-B. Williams

Anonymous said...

Man you took some great shot.

- Philip Hearns

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures.
- Angela Norman

Anonymous said...

WOW! GREAT PICS! I BELIEVE THAT THIS IS AN HISTORIC MOMENT THAT HOPEFULLY MY KIDS KIDS AND THEIR KIDS WILL BE ABLE TO READ ABOUT AND KNOW THE TRUE MEANING OF "CHANGE". I PRAY THAT EVERY VOICE THAT IS OF AGE GETS OUT AND VOTE FOR WHAT THEY BELIEVE IN.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the great photos. This is a moment in time we want to remember always.

Anonymous said...

Look at all those people of all colors and ages and backgrounds brought together in hope - what a blessing! Thanks for sharing these pictures of what the Kingdom of God can look like. - Josef Walker

Anonymous said...

Brother Jordan, GREAT WORK!! Love the photographs of Michelle Obama and the "Get out the vote rally." You're right, God has blessed you with a gift. Keep it up and continued success with your business.

Bro. Tony Jones

Anonymous said...

SAMUEL,

HELLO! YOU DID A GRET JOB ON THE PICTURES OF MICHELLE,CLEAVER AND THE CROWD! THIS WAS A BLESSING, BECAUSE MY HUSBAND WENT THROUGH THERE AND I WAS NOT ABLE TO GO. THE FIRST THING THAT I SAID TO HIM WAS,YOU SHOULD HAVE HAD A CAMERA. SO GOD BLESS YOU!

I HAD NOT SPOKEN TO YOU SINCE THE WEDDING THAT YOU DID FOR RENEE AND DAVE COLE(REMEMBER). IS IT TO LATE TO GET ONE OF THE DISKS FROM THE WEDDING? AS THE COORDINATOR I NEVER GOT AROUND TO GETTING ONE.
SAY HELLO TO YOUR FAMILY.

-JACKIE WEST-FLEMING

Anonymous said...

Wow he did a great job very nice pictures.

-Kimberly Rayford

Anonymous said...

Your photography skills are amazing! Someone sent me the link to your blog so that I could view the Michelle Obama rally and I decided to peruse the entire site. I am very impressed and will contact you soon for a photo session.

- Devin

Anonymous said...

Hey Sam:
I got a glimpse of you at the Michelle Obama rally. It was great to see you at work. I also got a chance to see some of the pix you took - a friend passed them on to me today. As always great job! Looking at the pictures makes me think of how great a job you did at my wedding.

- Dionne King

Anonymous said...

You KNOW you are the bomb! I saw the pics from Michelle Obama’s visit to KC…MAAAAAAANNNNNNN THOSE ARE GREAT! Just wanted to let you know.
- Mia Ramsey

Anonymous said...

One of my former classmates sent this link to me in Houston and I've gotta tell you your photos are awesome. Makes me so proud of KC. You captured the essence of community in this continuing historical event.

Anonymous said...

Sam Jordan.You are a great photographer. I thought you caught some of the historic essence of that rally in those shots. May God bless everything you do.

Crecia Andrews said...

Sam, as usual your pictures made me feel as if I was on the front roll. Your work is awesome! What an honor to have lived to see this Change in our Lives. God is Extremely Good. You ARE the photographer of the century. ;-}

Anonymous said...

Thank you. I was there on this historic occasion. You captured the real spirit of the rally with your wonderful photographs.

Anonymous said...

Magnificent

Awesome pictures Sam, as always beautiful work